Thursday, July 28, 2011

I know it's almost been a month, but...

I finally got around to finishing this little firework thing I was doing! In my mind, it was supposed to come out better, but it didn't. I thought the actual little fireworks were nice, until I tried to add words and that's what made it fizzle out (for me). Trying so hard to figure out how to flatten layers and have them all be seen is getting the best of me!

For those of you that have no idea what I'm talking about I'll explain: I have this nice black square with different firework images (layers) that I added to it spread around in a nice way. I wanted to add "Happy Fourth" (also a text layer) to my picture to give it a little more something. Words with a nice fiery glow to them would add the trick!...but no. Here I am unable to make the text layer play nice and attach itself to the nice black square without erasing my other firework images. Jerk.

I just did the next thing I thought of and typed my own words and made them red, white and blue. Not as awesome as I thought it would turn out, but it's something I can mess with later after I figure out what I'm doing wrong.







Started back at my day job (FINALLY), so hopefully I'll get sent out of town more often so I can bring more landscape pictures (or anything else for that matter) to this blog. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment